Past the idyllic lake of Staz, over the lake of St. Moritz and to crown it all, master the famous Stazerwald downhill trail.
Distance 12.8 km
The beautiful but demanding tour starts at the cross-country ski centre in Pontresina. Already at the beginning, the steep ascent to the lake of Staz has to be mastered. Everyone deserves a breather at the idyllically situated lake of Staz. A few more metres in altitude and then the trail branches off to the right, down onto Lake St. Moritz. The lake is crossed on a large loop, always with the glamorous St. Moritz and the Corviglia ski area in view, before the view opens up to the Piz da la Margna. At the end of the lake, the skis have to be unbuckled to cross the road and walk to the Hotel Sonne. There the trail begins up into the Stazv forest and on the world-famous marathon trail it goes up and down again to the lake of Staz. The last three kilometres require full concentration because the legendary Stazerwald descent lies ahead.
Cross-country ski run report: www.engadin.ch/en/slopes-tracks/cross-country-trails/
There are take-away stands on Lake St. Moritz.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: January 18, 2022
32T 568818 5149101
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view