The municipalities of Silvaplana and St. Moritz have put together a tour that is ideal for your first attempts at riding an e-bike. You will pass beautifully situated barbecue spots and fantastic viewpoints.
Distance 21.1 km
The beginner tour starts at the village square in Silvaplana and first leads over the bridge to Surlej. After a first slight ascent, you reach the Palüd Lungia high moor. Keeping to the right at Lej Zuppò, the natural road leads past the former ski jump down to the tennis hall of St. Moritz and the Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bain. Now the tour follows the road up to St. Moritz Dorf until the roundabout at the hotels Schweizerhof, Hauser and Steffani. Shortly after the roundabout towards Somplaz, a gravel road leads diagonally uphill to the right. Follow this road in a large bend up to Salastrains and continue to Signal, the highest point of the tour. The descent to Champfèr is not very steep and leads through the famous Suvretta area with its beautiful villas. Through Champfèr you then reach Lake Champfèr and return to Silvaplana along the lakeside promenade.
The tour can be combined well with a visit to a museum in St. Moritz.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: September 08, 2021
32T 561084 5145444
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view