The panorama trail high above Lake Silvaplana
Distance 8 km
In a few minutes you can take the cable car from Surlej (please note the operating hours) over tree tops and alpine meadows to the middle station of the Corvatsch cable car. A detour to Piz Corvatsch is well worth it. On the one hand, Corvatsch is the highest restaurant in the canton of Graubünden, and on the other, you can enjoy a fabulous 360-degree view of the mountains and the Upper Engadin lake district. After a refreshment in the Restaurant 3303, one comfortably floats back to the middle station. From there, you continue on foot downhill. While snow sports enthusiasts enjoy themselves here in winter, in summer hikers are delighted by the view over the Upper Engadin lake landscape. Along the slope, high above Lake Silvaplana, the easily accessible mountain hiking trail leads from the Corvatsch middle station, always following the "Segl", "Segl Maria" and "Segl Baselgia" signposts to Alp Prasüra, from where Sils can be easily reached on various paths.
Instead of walking down to Sils, you can also take the Furtschellas gondola.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: August 11, 2021
Rest StopCorvatsch Mittelstation Murtèl
Tips and hintshiking in Sils: www.sils.ch/wandern
Panorama trail Corvatsch: www.corvatsch.ch/erlebnisse/sommer/wandern/panoramaweg/
timetable Corvatsch gondola: www.corvatsch.ch
Getting thereSilvaplana / Surlej
Parkingcar park Surlej
32T 563288 5142366
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view