Through the wild Forno Valley to the Forno Hut
Distance 11 km
From Maloja the trail climbs up to Lägh da Cavloc and on to Alp da Cavloc. Further on, through the strange hilly landscape, to Plan Canin, where the path branches off to the Muretto Pass. Continuing through the wild Forno Valley, you reach the glacier forefield of the Forno glacier via scree fields. After a steep ascent over the moraine on the left side, you reach the Forno hut on the path high above the valley and over rocks and boulders.
Engadin St. Moritz Tourismus AG
Via Maistra 1
CH-7500 St. Moritz
Phone: +41 81 830 00 01
The way back is either on the same path or passing the Pizzi dei Rossi into Val Muretto.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: April 14, 2021
Tips and hintssee also
Phone: +41 81 824 31 82
32T 553479 5138759
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view