Experience the glacier up close in this 1.5–2-hour trail. The nature trail takes you past five stations that explore the changes undergone by the glacier
Distance 1.7 km
On the new adventure trail, visitors can expect spectacular impressions directly on the glacier and lots of knowledge about this natural wonder. With the help of a leporello, the change of the glacier and the visible changes in the sensitive Alpine region are explained. The Glacier Experience Trail is a supplement to the theoretically imparted knowledge in the visitor centre at the Diavolezza valley station.
A leaflet with exciting information about the five stations is available at the valley station and at the mountain station.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: August 12, 2021
Safety informationWhite-red-white marked mountain hiking trail, which partly opens up impassable terrain and is mainly steep, narrow and partly exposed. Particularly difficult passages are secured with ropes or chains. Users must be sure-footed and in good physical condition, and must know the dangers in the mountains (falling rocks, danger of slipping and falling, weather conditions).
Tips and hintshttps://glacierexperience.com/glacier-experience-trail
32T 574145 5140205
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view