Route light green: Silvaplana centre - Fratta - Beach Club Sils - Nietzsche stone - Waterfall - Crap Alv - Crest'Alta - Tschüchas - Silvaplana
Distance 15.9 km
This hike leads around Lake Silvaplana. The idyllic path - which was already used by the Romans - first leads through the Fratta forest to Sils. It continues along the lakeshore to the "Ova dal Sagl" waterfall. At the foot of the waterfall is the Nietzsche Stone. At one time Friedrich Nietzsche could be seen sitting on this stone on the shore of Lake Silvaplana and forming his thoughts. Among other things, the idea of the eternal return came to him here - the basic concept for his main poetic work "Also sprach Zarathustra". The view point Crap Alv (white Stone) got its name from the white rocks that can be found around the area. The last view point of the circular hike is Crest'Alta. Where once stood a splendid excursion restaurant, a cosy bench invites you to linger.
The hikes to the view points are also suitable for families. At the view points, the youngest guests can follow the adventurous story of Niculin and take part in the competition. Those who have visited all the view points and know the solution word can pick up a gift at the tourist information i-Lounge 3303.
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: September 08, 2021
Tips and hintsclick here for the Silvaplana Explorer map
The Silvaplana Explorer routes can be put together as desired. You can find more route suggestions under Silvaplana Explorer.
32T 561082 5145449
Equipmentgood hiking shoes
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view