You can’t wait to get started right away? Then you should have ready the following «hiking equipment»:
an internet-enabled smartphone with a fully charged battery and activated GPS location function
headphones for the best listening experiences
paper & pen
And this is how it works: guided by a virtual map, you will visit different posts in a certain order, where you have to answer various questions. After every correct answer, the SmarTrail tells you which post to visit next. There is no time limit, so treat yourself to any number of breaks during your tour. At the end of a hike, each participant is offered a small reward.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.