This sunny winter hiking trail awaits with beautiful views towards Maloja and Corvatsch.
Distance 5.5 km
A winter hike across the frozen lakes reveals the vastness of the high valley from its most impressive side. Especially in the evening light with the sun low in the sky, the walk across the water becomes an unforgettable experience.
The flat winter hiking trails of the lake plateau from Maloja to Champfèr are also ideal for families with prams.
winter hiking trail report: www.engadin.ch/en/slopes-tracks/winter-hiking-trails/
AuthorEngadin St. Moritz
Update: November 02, 2021
32T 561072 5145457
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view